Tuesday 15 April 2014

Life.

Hey All,

I know, once again I have been slack and haven't posted in a little while, surprise surprise..
But today while I am sitting here passing my time by doing nothing much productive at all, I was on twitter and I saw someone tweeting about their Uni work and having a number of assessments due within the next week and it got me thinking.

I was the kind of student at school who would find every excuse in the book to do the least amount of written work in class as I could, as I was a more hands on learner and enjoyed the practical subjects like Woodwork, Art or Cooking. 
I would leave assignments right up until the last second, I would literally be sitting up until 4am the night/morning it is due doing the best I could with the time I had left myself to do it, and the funny thing is I never learnt from my mistakes, 6 years later and I was still doing it.. 

The though of Uni never interested me, going back to sitting in a class room doing written work for 4 more years after I had spent the last 12years doing just that and I never really enjoyed it. Instead I would rather be out there working, yes it's currently in hospitality but I am still enjoying it, because it keeps me busy. I work with some awesome people and I also get to meet a lot of different people and hear about their lives, what makes them happy and sad. It is amazing what you can find out about a person and how much of their lives some of them let you in on while only spending a couple of hours looking after their table and serving them a few drinks and some food.

I often look at the people who come into my work, I think about who they are and what they have gone through to get to the point in their lives that they are at now, have they had a hard life and worked super hard to have what they currently have, or have they grown up having everything given to them.. Are they a kind and considerate person, or are they going to be rude and put a downer on my day, luckily they are usually lovely and it makes my job easier, but the ones who are rude and abrupt, you can tell they haven't worked a day in their life in the hospitality industry. But enough of that..

I think the majority of the worlds population have this view that life is, being born, growing up, going to school, finishing school and having a clear idea of what you want to be and the career you are going to have for the rest of your life.. When I comes to this view I am definitely in the minority of people who believe this view of life is ridicules and old fashioned. I am currently 21 and I still have no idea what I want to be 'When I grown up' because I still don't feel as though I haven't finished growing up yet. In my view I still have so much to do before I class myself as a 'Grown Up'. I am still learning things, but things that are relevant to day to day life, not something out of a book that I might use 'one day' or something that 'could come in handy' if I was to find myself in a certain situation that would happen once in a blue moon. 
I don't like the idea that just because you are no good at spitting stuff out on to a piece of paper that they have spoon feed you in class, doesn't mean you won't make a good Doctor, Scientist, or anything else for that matter. Some of us out here in this world are creative minded people who learn better when it comes down to doing the physical task the job or profession requires, I think thats why I hated school so much, they didn't cater for the creative minded as much as they did with the literal minded people. They just believed everyone was the same, yet they couldn't fathom how you could do so well and pay so much attention in one class but then you were a million miles away in another.. I was good at Woodwork, Photography, Art and Cooking, I also loved maths because there was always a correct answer, where as English on the other hand, I would dread that class, I would start counting down the seconds until it was finished as soon as I walked into the room. There was just no excitement in that class for me, They always encouraged you to write what your views on something were or to 'create' something and then they go ahead and tell you that it is all wrong. How can something someone has created in their mind be wrong. As a creative minded person I always had great concepts and ideas for stories to write but when it came to actually putting it on the paper I would forever struggle to express it in writing, and anything I did write was 'bland' or 'boring'. I always thought English was a little snippit of what hell could possibly be like, actually it was worse then what hell could ever be, Hell to me sounds so much more fun then learning English was for me, I don't think Hell would ever be a boring place, I have a feeling the devil would keep things exciting, in a place like that I would never be bored. ;) 
I have to admit though it wasn't my teachers that made me hate it, it was just the subject itself, My year 12 English teacher was actually one of my favourite teachers because she was good at what she did, she never made me feel stupid and she never gave up on me even when I asked her to.lol But it was just a shame that the subject itself that she was teaching I couldn't stand. 

Im the kind of person who whats to get out and travel the world, see everything it has to offer before I do something boring like settle down with a 'good career' that 'pays the bills' and gets me by. Yawnnn! There is so much out there in this big old world of ours and I think it needs to be experienced and seen by as many people as it can, We need to love and experience this earth because it and ourselves are not going to be around forever. I don't want to get old and look back on my life and wishing I had gone out and done more with it. I believe experiences and memories are so much more important in life then any object will be. 
There is a saying that goes "He who dies with the most toys is still dead" and ever since hearing that saying I have had a clearer view of where I want my life to go, Yes I still have no idea what I want to be but I know that I want to experience everything life has to throw at me and then maybe one day I will find out what it is I am supposed to be. That saying has slowly become my life motto, and I am trying to have a less materialistic view in life, instead focusing on the little moments that in day to day life nowadays go unnoticed, whether it be the random little bird playing in the tree or the way a leaf has fallen on the footpath, pure beauty is all around us and until you start to notice it your daily life you will never truly understand the pure joy and happiness this earth and your life actually brings you each and every day. Take a moment out of your day to appreciate the little things, because they might actually be a pretty big thing in someone else's life, they are also part of your bigger picture, and every little thing adds up to something great. The Queen bee would be helpless without all the worker bees, its the same in life, you are the person you are because of the people and things that surround you in life, without every little piece of the puzzle you wouldn't be who you are today, so be thankful for all you have and the amazing gift that is life and enjoy every moment of it.

Enjoy your Easter break with friends and family, create many a memory that will last a life time and stay safe.

x.

No comments:

Post a Comment